Parents are always concerned about every single disturbance in their children’s health or any changes they observe, that’s pretty right and important also. Well, usually parents complain about the problem of dandruff in their children. Some say that it begins when their kids start going to school, and many others say it is the problem since their birth. The results are still mixed, and there are some other reasons for that also.
Dandruff is also known as seborrheic dermatitis, which occurs on the scalp. This problem is common in children as well as in adults, this condition is not specified for age or race. It seems to appear in the form of dry flaky white or yellowish skin on the scalp and the other oily parts of the body, which usually plunge. It causes itching and irritation in the head. Kids keep scratching their heads all the time. Parents try almost all anti-dandruff shampoo to stop those white flakes, but not all work. There is no specific reason for dandruff in kids, moreover, still, there is no confirmed research appears.
What is Dandruff?
Dandruff seems to be the white flakes of dead skin that appear on the scalp or in the hair. However, commonly people experience itching and irritation, but if it gets worse, dandruff may lead to seborrheic dermatitis, which causes inflammation in the scalp.
There are some common causes that every parent should know. This would help you control dandruff and escape from having any worse condition.
- The hair products might not suit your child. There may be some product sensitivity issues.
- There might be some accumulation of dead skin on the scalp of your kid, which is due to improper shampooing. When it doesn’t rinse properly it leads to dandruff.
- The yeast-like fungus known as Malassezia, which stops the natural growth of cells when it grows quickly.
- The intake of unhealthy food or diet is the major cause of dandruff in children.
- Seborrheic dermatitis is a disease that is also called eczema. Dandruff is the minor type of this condition. It is not easy to get rid of it, however, it is known as another big reason for dandruff.
The easy ways to Treat Dandruff
Dandruff can get worse if it remains untreated, however, some simple ways help get rid of it.
- Always told your kids to drink plenty of water as staying hydrated controls dandruff.
- Leafy and green vegetables, carbohydrates, proteins, and some other nutrients are best for skin and health. However, the best way to deal with dandruff is proper nutrition.
- Avoid the use of harmful hair products.
- Do not shampoo the hair of your kid more frequently, shampoo on alternate days as it can remove the dust which causes dandruff.
- Properly oil the scalp before bath.
- Treat dandruff with the medicated shampoos.
- Separate the combs and towels of your children, use of common combs and towels lead to dandruff problems.
- Before the bath, brush the hair of your kid properly. This will remove the extra flakes from the scalp.