Women are always worried about their skin type and the reason is they are looking for the best régime to practice daily. However, it would be somehow perturbing for the women who found that they have combination skin. In simple words, it is falling in both the categories of oily and dry skin. Well, there is nothing to get too panic.
Finding out the right routine for combination skin is not always that easy as we think. It is important to go for the options that tackle the dryness and maintains a balanced shininess. Women are usually struggling to keep the right balance between the dry patches, breakouts, larger-looking pores, and extra oiliness, which sometimes happens. The tactics are always the same there is no major difference when it comes to combating with combination skin.
How to Take Care of Combination Skin
Well, usually we think there could be a difference in the kinds of combination skin. The answer is straight, everyone is different, but there is no particular variation or formula for combination skin. However, we could say that in combination skin there is dryness on cheeks and oiliness on the T-zone.
It is important to figure out when your skin needs care. The common signs of oiliness are;
- Larger-looking pores.
- Whiteheads and blackheads.
- Shiny skin.
- The signs of dryness could be;
- Tight or rough feel.
The General Guidelines to Tackle Combination Skin
Always keep in mind that, things that work wonders on other people might not work on you. As you are unique! This statement is usually associated with the combination of skin. Moreover, it is important to understand that you are surviving with the type of skin which is trickiest to handle and needs different techniques for different parts of the face. Here are some important tips you need to practice.
- It is hard to take care of the skin in one go, divide your face into dry and oily, and treat it accordingly.
- You can only use a moisturizer on your dry patches, avoid using it on the oily skin, when they come in contact they could make more oil.
- While you are layering your skin with products, see when to layer and when to not. Start with the thinner layer as the oily parts of your skin could be managed with the thin layer.
- For the oily areas, always choose the products that help absorb oiliness and give a matte finish to your skin.
- Women with combination skin cannot come up with products that contain skin irritants or fragrances. Products that carry fragrances are harmful to both dry and oily skin.
- Another thing that usually women skip to check is the increased exposure of irritants in the products. Same as the products with fragrances, it is important to choose the non-comedogenic products that are less likely to generate oil and expose acne-pores. Make sure those products like lotions and potions could clog your pores.
- Hydration is really important for healthy skin. Drink plenty of water and use the hydrating products on your skin.